Join the Alta Children's center community in the town of Alta for the winter season! Our seasonal winter staff are loving, nurturing, and dependable individuals who have a passion for caring for children while embracing their unique differences and cultivating a loving environment for play.
Caregivers provide quality childcare, supervise children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old, teach and lead learning activities, ensure the safety of all children both in the center and outside for snow play, and assist in cooking delicious, healthy meals for children and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Displays a warm and nurturing character that supports the applicant’s ability to connect with young children and their families.
- Develop connections with the children in our care.
- Facilitate and engage in free play.
- Document and communicate effectively with parents daily in: sleeping, diapering, eating, and activities of each child.
- Helps children keep good hygiene; assists in hand washing and diaper changing.
- Shows dedication to the social, emotional and character development of each child.
- Prepares meals and snacks and organizes mealtimes for children.
- Follows all licensing policies, Department of Health procedures and fire regulations.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start date.
- Hold or be willing to obtain Red Cross First Aid & CPR Certifications or the equivalent.
- Hold or be willing to obtain a Utah Food Handlers' Permit.
- Pass a background check.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds (picking up children).
- Positive attitude and eagerness to work collaboratively with other staff and directors.
- Experience in childcare preferred.
Perks and Benefits
- Employer paid CPR/AED and First Aid (if not currently certified)
- Employer paid Food Handler's permit (if not currently certified)
- Employer paid on-the-job training.
- Free meals for the entirety of the season.
- Free childcare while working and discounted childcare when dropping children off for entirety of the season.
- Access to ski pass for entirety of the season.
- Daily carpool is available from the Mouth of the Canyon for entirety of the season.
- Simple IRA plan available after earning $5,000.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-Time, Temporary
Schedule: Up to any 4 days, Monday thru Sunday