I thought I would let you all know where I stand in the case of protocol I follow as a licensed facility.
Our health and safety precautions at a glance:
- Wellness screening in the front door for all children and staff entering the building. No parents allowed in, except for nursing mothers.
- Sanitizing hands prior to entering the classrooms, during all the required times throughout the day and prior to departing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting all surfaces throughout the day.
- Gloves will be used in all the food preparations.
- Limiting toy rotations to plastic (removing all cloth toys and dress up).
- Children in the playroom (ages 3 and up) will be required to have a face covering with them all day to use when necessary.
- Children who do not pass the very rigorous wellness checks will not be allowed entrance to rooms.
Should a Covid-19 case arise all families will be notified and the center will close following guidelines from the Department of Health.
2 rooms will be set up (however a space can be created for another 7 children and 1 teacher in the playroom):
Baby land - max of 9 children ages infancy up to 24 months old with 3:1 ratio. Max of 12 people in the space.
Playroom - max of 18 children ages 2 up to 4 years old with a 8:1 ratio. Max of 20 people in the room.